Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hot Rice Pudding/Grain Dessert

Equal parts Cracked Spelt, Cracked Barley, & Brown rice.Add the proper amount of Water. *The Ratio is 1:3* (One part Grain to 3 parts Water) *Remember - your grain will increase in size by 3 to 4 TIMES when cooked! So start small, you will end up with more servings than you think!

I cook in my electric pressure cooker for 13 minutes on High Pressure with natural release of the pressure. I have not tried cooking it in a crock pot over night but it should work. (probably on the Low setting – I am guessing here! I might add extra water to be safe. You can always cook off any extra water just before serving)

I generally add a little Butter or Coconut oil (for added flavor) and Sweetener of your choice. Add a little milk or cream if desired. Add some Nutmeg or Cinnamon, to your taste preference & enjoy. YUM! A dessert that is so healthy & filling! Serve warm, this is a great dessert for a cold wintery day! This is also a great way to use up leftover breakfast cereal, if you accidently cooked too much in the morning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment