Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hot Breakfast Cereal

Equal parts Cracked Spelt, Cracked Barley, & Brown rice.
Add the proper amount of Water. *The Ratio is 1:3* (One part Grain to 3 parts Water)

*Remember - your grain will increase in size by 3 to 4 TIMES when cooked! So start small, you will end up with more servings than you think!

I cook in my electric pressure cooker for 13 minutes on High Pressure with natural release of the pressure. I have not tried cooking it in a crock pot over night but it should work. (probably on the Low setting – I am guessing here! I might add extra water to be safe. You can always cook off any extra water just before serving)

I generally add a little Butter or Coconut oil (for added flavor) and Sweetener of your choice. Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Regular Sugar, Honey. Fresh fruit is delicious too. Add milk if desired. I think if you then add Nutmeg or Cinnamon, it tastes more like a rice pudding. YUM! So healthy & filling! *You really can eat smaller servings AND be satisfied longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment